6th April 2018
Catering for The Loft by Pernod Ricard UK
We were honoured to cater for The Loft, a brand-new event space in central Manchester launched by Pernod Ricard UK, at their opening celebration for top VIPs.
Pernod Ricard is the leading drinks distributor behind successful brands such as Malibu, Absolut and Jameson. In an exciting new project, they have taken over the top floor of an existing property on Quay Street in Manchester city centre to occupy 6,000sqft specifically designed for experiential marketing and brand activation events.
Guests and key influencers from the city attended from businesses such as Social Chain, We Are Indigo, Manchester Confidential, Manchester United and Marketing Manchester. There were also a number of clients and guests who had travelled from London to experience this impressive new venue. The creative team at Grape and Grain Catering Co. were proud to design their impressive Manchester-themed canapé menu to suit the event brief, including:
– Beefeater gin cured salmon, finger lime caviar and tonic gel on spelt toast
– ‘Manchester egg’: Pickled quail’s egg wrapped in Bury black pudding sausage meat and panko breadcrumbs
– ‘Manc-aroon’: Raspberry macaroon, thick banana custard and toasted coconut
– ‘Cream of Manchester’: Cloud water brewery Jameson’s braised beef short rib, savoury cone and whipped potato cream
Staff also circulated with delicious bowls of food:
– ‘Manc & Cauli Cheese’: Mature Cheshire cheese sauce, macaroni and seasonal cauliflower
– ‘Fish & Chips’: Battered fillet of haddock, Manchester caviar, salt & vinegar scraps and tartare sauce
Victoria Hole, the Venue Manager at The Loft, said “The feedback on the food was great; the team executed our wishes brilliantly, something in keeping with the brand, simple and understated. The staff explained each item to the guests as they served and were extremely professional”.
The space itself offers an industrial-looking blank canvas suitable for a range of functions. It has been stripped back to its bare brickwork, complete with vaulted ceilings and concrete floors.
It’s no surprise they’ve already started taking enquiries for potential use of the venue for sales events, weddings and product launches. With the key aim of earning more exposure outside of London, The Loft will host a series of unique events for potential customers to get up close and personal with their products, based around the company’s drinks portfolio. The next event coming up, catered for by Grape and Grain Catering, is the Kahlua Bruch Club. Tickets include a delicious brunch, expert-led Espresso Martini masterclass and member-only access to a games area, photo booth and bar.